Thursday, November 26, 2009

What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

I recently went to JC Penney and got a haircut which I totally hate.



When I went in I had shoulder length hair in a bob. I asked the lady "pick up the back" and "give me an angle that lays across my jaw so that it's longer near my chin and shorter near my ears".



I showed her many example photos.



I thought I would get a much better cut than at Supercuts where I usually pay 15 bucks- after all it was the mall and I was paying double the price.



After nearly 2 1/2 hours my hair looked like one of the Beatles in the 1960's and I was nearly in tears. She "by accident" cut my hair on the wrong angle so that it was the opposite of what I wanted. It looked like helmet hair.



So then some other lady comes by with a razor and hacks the crap outta my hair and it looks like a Posh-cut of some sort, but not really. By now- its like 8:30 and my 3 year old is with me and we are starving...so I had to pay for it and we left.



The next morning I went back for someone to fix it %26amp; she cut it shorter.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

At the very least, you should be able to get your money back. Since you brought your pics in before your cut, I would suggest you take those back to the salon and ask to speak with the manager. Obviously, they can't put your hair back on, and you probably don't want to accept a credit for free services in the future if you weren't happy with your cut. I would ask for my money back. Hopefully the manager will be more experienced than the stylist who cut your hair, and she'll realize why you're unhappy. You told her how long you wanted your hair to be left (chin length) and even brought in pictures to show her. You'll have to live with your new hairstyle for awhile, but in the future, word of mouth is truly your best bet when it comes to finding a stylist you like. Ask your friends who they go to, or even stop someone on the street to ask who cuts their hair.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

Well you are going to have to wait and let it grow out. Try some of the trendy headbands - I saw some on short hair gals and they looked really cute.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

You can try writing to them, but it really wont get you anywhere except for maybe a free haircut from them..uggh! Anyways, try and go to a professional salon, and ask them what can be done to fix it. Then, hopefully they can make something work! Good luck!!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

1st of all why in gods name did you get a haircut at JCpenney! But since it is already done wait a week and your hair will have grown out so you can maybe do something about it! After all, the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

i guess the only thing you can do it makes complaints, but you should have refused to pay! i wouldnt have it they got the manager out then just show them the photos you showed her and say you dont know what the hell she was thinking!



dont go there again! lol, good luck, i hope you find a half decent hairdresser to sort it out!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

i've been thru this before....some hairstylist just dont pay attention and do whatever they feel like doing to your hair...they think it's no big deal but a girls hair means alot to her self esteem..i would suggest to take a couple hours out of your day and play with your hair use some gels and try to fix it how you want it...once its cut...its cut!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

That happened to me in September.



I wasn't going for the same style as you obviously but I asked for a trim and for him to take off an inch.



He ended cutting off about 9.



I just let it grow back and am still in the process now.



It's easier to make short hair on a woman stylish tho.



Elisha Cuthbert has short hair now and she's still hot.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

Can you glue it back? IF NOT, then why ask that question? Haaaaallllleeeeerrrrr!!!!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

You can cuten' your hair up with accessories, like pins, clips, bandannas (not rags, but the type made for your hair, they're cute and stylish). Other than that, waiting for your hair to grow out again is all I can think of. Sorry this happened to you, I've heared a lot of stories like yours believe it or not..



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

about a year ago i got my hair cut into one of those really short, spikey cuts. i hated it, it wasnt what i asked for, so i didnt pay for it...if you hate it so bad, they cant make you pay for it...thats the rule at most hair salons. i would, if i was you, go back and ask for a refund for the hair cut. then write the store and tell them about what happened. they may be able to do something. As for getting it cut again, if you have a hair stylist you trust, then you should go and atleast get it evened out.....good luck...and remember, hair grows back.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

I know it sucks, but it will grow back. I feel your pain- like many people out there. You could pay for some extensions, buy a wig, or be grateful you have the ability to grow hair.



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

I would go ahead write to the company, it can't hurt. You may get a gift certificate (not that you want to go back there.) If it were me though, I wouldn't mention the hairdresser by name. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time at work and it does sound like they tried to correct the mistake, even if it didn't work. I personally think it's better to report an incident while giving the employee the benefit of the doubt (unless of course you're dealing with something really inappropriate or mean spirited.) It may not have been up to her/him to not charge you, but the company may give you a refund.



As for your hair, I would go to a hairdresser you trust and ask them to give you tips on how to style it. Even though it's short, you still have options. Check out the link below, too. Short hair can be really cute! Good luck!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

I would go back, and be very polite but sad, and just explain the whole story to the cashier, and just ask if you can please get a refund, so that you won't feel so badly about it. Because you're already going to suffer having to wait and grow it out. You should at least get a refund. If the cashier isn't helpful, ask to speak to a manager, and then if they don't help, go to the Penneys Customer Service desk (usually in with the catalogue area) and explain the story to them, and try to get a refund that way.



I doubt writing to the company will do anything, because chances are, some outsourced customer service rep in a third-world country will get it and send you back some prescripted piece of turd. And that will only make you madder.



Good luck! I'd definitely go through all the motions I listed above, though.



And, as for the haircut, just work it. You might hate it but let it settle for a few days and you may find a way to work with it. Or just wear some cute hats!



What to do when you get a haircut you hate?

the only really thing you can do is leave it to be honest. there are tips, however that can sort of help which are...



* make sure you get you hair in really good condition, using goood shampoo and conditioner, use regular hair masks (you can get really cheap, good products) such as loreal i find them products really nourish my hair!!



* go the hairdressers regualary! i know this sounds silly but when you get a trim its getting all the nasty/split ends off so your hair can grow nicely and ive also heard your hair grows faster when you get regular trims!! i know you just want to groow it though but just make sure they dont take too much length off!!



* take collagen tablets (supposd to help your hair grow)



*Go in the sun more, the sun is supposed to really help your hair and nails grow!!



* CONFIDENCE you think it looks bad NOW as youve only just had it done, and im sure you do hate it but everything happens for a reason and you WILL get used to it and how you look with that hair style!



people arent going to know what you looked like before the hair cut so random people cant say "urgh"! when they look at you as a qualified therapist shouldnt make your hair look THAT bad!



if she was a trainee then maybe you should go back to the salon and say how upset you are and would be happy to maybe refund you or offer you something because you are so dissapointed with the experience you had in the salon.



****you can always * buy clip in or proffessionally put in hair extensions to help give you abit of length until your hair grows out! you dont need super long ext!! you can get shore ext, ones that can thicken your hair and the ones they make now look really natural!!!(clip ins are sooo cheap!!)



hope this helps a lil



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++