Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm REALLY worried about getting my hair trimmed ?

Last time (9 months ago), I asked for one inch off the ends and half an inch off my layers. I told her I didn't want it any shorter than that because I was trying to grow it out. My hair was mid-back-length.



So guess what she did ?



She cut like 5 inches off the ends and I don't know how much she cut off the layers, but the shortest one was up to my eyebrows ! So I started with mid-back-length hair and ended up with a just-above-the-shoulders razored mullet ! It was awful ! And I TOLD her not to do that !



Is it just me, or do some hairdressers totally disregard what you say and cut your hair however they want ? Far out - I only wanted one inch off the ends and I got a bob !



And that is why i'm really worried. I want to get my hair trimmed this week. I'm thinking of getting half an inch off the ends, half an inch off my fringe and 1/4 of an inch off my layers. Or should I say a quarter of an inch off the ends ? Because they always cut more than they should ...



I'm REALLY worried about getting my hair trimmed ?

I was watching a show once...can't remember what the name was but they were talking about hair dressers having a mind of their own. If you say you want a certain amount off they take that differently in their minds..."an inch to you is half a foot to them" - I believe that is what the show said. And it's very true. To get past that the show recommended that instead of saying an amount, show with your fingers or hands how much you want taken off and be VERY clear about it. Also, if you decide to go to the same woman, talk to her frst before she cuts your hair and be very assertive, get your point across and let her know she did a horrible job last time and that is not what you're paying her for. Or just go to a new stylist altogether.



My mother-in-law is the same way, she owns her own salon but never gives me what I want. I end up having to fix it myself. Best part is, I usually do it better, lol!



There is no reason for you to pay for something you didn't ask for.



I'm REALLY worried about getting my hair trimmed ?

Sounds like you care about your physical appearance too much.



This is more of a venting then a question. Be happy with whatever you get, at least it's not getting cut by me. Then you would REALLY be in trouble.



I'm REALLY worried about getting my hair trimmed ?

if i was you i would go to a different hair dresser

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++